Cookie Brownie Evilness

I pinned this on Pinterest.
Hubby later mentioned it, twice.
First, he told me there was something evil he wanted but didn't... that he saw on Pinterest. After he explained it I said I already pinned it. We laughed about that. A week or so passed and it got filed in the  back of my mind.
A few days ago I mentioned to him I wanted to make our friend "Eeyore" a birthday cake. Hubby interjected and said I should make the Cookie Brownie Evilness.
One of my eyebrows raised as I questioned his sanity, since he has us on a whole foods, health food lifestyle. But special occasions like dear friends' b'days and fathers day have seemed to be more important that health lately. HA!

So... This morning I was making my normal grocery shopping run which I hate to do anyway, I decided to grab the things I needed to do this. I cheated, I admit. There are no "from scratch" components here.
Trying to avoid as many artificial crap in my food as possible, (like it matters in this evil recipe) I found Pillsbury Simply... Cookie Dough. Chocolate Chip, of course.
I Also found this the perfect time to put the Perfect Brownie Pan to use. The pan had more nooks than the dough had dollops to I divvied it up manually.
Worked out well I think. The 6 side nooks are a bit smaller.

So In the Smaller nooks I put half oreos, but in the other nooks an oreo fits perfectly.

More Healthful efforts: Fudge Brownie Mix that needs no eggs or butter, just yogurt.
Perfect! Sounds easier too!

We keep this yogurt in the fridge constantly for smoothies. It's the Honey Flavor. and Greek Yogurt is suposed to be more healthful also.

Ok, so then I dolloped brownie batter over every nook. Then put 2 lil chocolate chips on top of each one to be 'cute' :)
OK, looks good all baked up, well from here it looks like brownies, but hey thats good right?!

One perfectly extracted Brownie, 1 of few!

1 perished. I saved it from it's humiliation by eating it immediately...
This is also a product review on the Goddamned "Perfect Brownie Pan" I had a horrendous tine 'extracting' these from the pan. For something thats suposed to be non-stick... thats bull-shit! I may have to Good Will this pan after this experiment and cut my brownies the old fashioned way.

I hid the not as pretty ones under the prettier ones.
see how there are 17, not 18 pieces.

Oh, see the corner one, you can see Oreo Cream!

I am a terribly messy chef, cook, baker.
Ricky is a wonderfully helpful cleaning crew of one.
See here, he's mopping up all of the crumbs n crap that fell on the floor.
I wish he would stand up and do the dishes for me now.



No comments:

Post a Comment