Friends of the Library

Today, I found a used book store run by the Maui Friends of the Library.

This place is great! I stopped in during a break today and found some mixed media material. I grabbed a medical dictionary, a French-English dictionary, and a couple books with quotes and sayings. The dictionaries ought to make good collage backgrounds while the quotes books provide snippets to add to them similar to the Live Your Dreams on yesterday's piece.
My new craft supplies

The best part is I snagged all 4 books for a grand total of $5!

If you're looking for old books to use in your projects, find your local friends of the library. I think every city has one. Some, like the ones here, maintain stores away from the library itself. Some, like the one in Indiana, hold monthly or quarterly sales in the actual library. All of the sales help fund the library, which is a great thing.

I have ideas for my new books but I need more canvas. Ace Hardware carries them but I want to price shop on Amazon first and see which has the best deal...

No comments:

Post a Comment