Mixed media canvas #2

So the first canvas I got is not the first one I finished.

When I got my first canvas started I had hardly anything to work with and hit a creative wall.

Here's what I did to it before I hit that wall.
Covered it in gesso.
Used matte medium to cover it in town news paper (only text parts)
White washed it in gesso
Various vertical strips of green polka dot tissue paper along the bottom with mod podge
Stencil with punchinella and light blue paint
-------creative wall-------

So after I finished canvas number 2, I started to have an idea what to do with #1.

I had gotten a package in the mail with a bunch of fun stuff. And much of it belonged on canvas #1.

There was a die cut word 'happy' and I decided to come up with a saying to incorporate that. Things fell into place with it yesterday. I used my new Gelato paints and all sorts of found stuff.

The rope for the stem, I found at work. The petals are cut from a handmade envelope that was full of goodies. A bookplate, pearl flat-backs, pearl letters (that I painted grey), chipboard circles, distress ink (Concord grape), doodles, bubble wrap and the tp roll center for 'stamping' dots n circles.. The tp circles might become my trademark... Love the look of them.

So I ordered a box load of canvases on amazon, 10 canvases are on their way to me to keep me going.

I got a small package in the mail today from a crafty friend who sent me some more 1-inch squares to play with. I can hardly wait to do another. And another...


No comments:

Post a Comment