Scrabble Pendants, my way...


I recently (re-)embarked on making scrabble pendants.  I had saved up about 60 pieces. A few years ago I started this project, I carefully cut out the ridiculous rectangles from patterned paper I had left over from other projects. This is how everyone else was doing it: cut it out, glue it on, Modpodge over it, glue on bail.

I recently had a middle of the night, I can't sleep, epiphany... (it may sound strange!) Stickers!  I carefully selected the tiniest most perfect stickers (which I had left from scrapbook supply hoarding), and used tweezers to carefully place on the backs of the tiles.

I was left with this wonderful dimensional feeling and you could see the wonderful wood texture. but some of them needed 'something' and it came to me after I applied Crystal Effects to a few to gloss coat, which i like better than Modpodging them... I grabbed some Stickles glitter glue and framed a few, dotted the corners of a few and even dotted the centers of flowers when possible. Once that dried I coated in the Crystal Effects.

A few I chose to use Crackle Effects! Like you will see below in the 1st finished 3.
I only had 6 bails on hand and 3 ball chains on hand so when the rest get bailed and chained, I'll play more Show & Tell!


The pink flower is done traditionally but with crackle effects, it is for my youngest sister.
The red & black skully is done with a tiny sticker and crackle, it is for my friend Anna.
The purple monster is 2 tiny stickers and crackle, and it is for my niece.

Revisited...
Finished 3 more yesterday. 
The big box craft stores dont have a lot of options if anything in the line of the right kind of bails, so i only got 3, came home, ordered a bunch from an Etsy seller to finish the stash, same goes for ball chains.
Anyway here are the 3 most recent pendants
Blue Butterfly is a tiny sticker with glitter edging and Crystal Effects of it all, this one is for my childhood friend Jessica.
Gold peace dove is with a tiny outline sticker and Crackle effects over it all, this one is for my Step-Mom.
Blue heart is done traditionally, but then a blue rhinestone added on top of the Crystal Effects, this one is for my middle sister.


I love that I can find colored ball chain! Used here: Red, Black, and Purple.

Someone elses, for comparison: 


No comments:

Post a Comment