A Shop Visit and DIY Experiment.

Last time I took the bus to Kahului I saw an advertisement for a shop called ISLAND PAPERIE. I made a mental note, by snapping a pic with my phone, to visit it another time.

Today turned out to be that time, after a whole lot of bus riding. Curiosity peeked? Go read my not artful blog post for today.

So the place is tiny thing. And everything is Hawaii themed or at least island/tropical. I think they specialize in laser cut shapes. Of which I bought a couple... Hibiscus, Plumeria, and of course Honu. And they seem to have their own paper line. It's a scrapbook store and they don't branch out to mixed media. They don't have the space to have more even if they wanted to.

After I got home and settled in I remembered watching YouTube videos on making my own color sprays. I made a turquoise one and a pink one.

Then I tested them both on a sheet of watercolor paper. They seem to work well. I'm pleased with my results.

On that same piece of paper I then decided to add some texture to it and I bubble wrap stamped in grey all over it, smeared the grey around the edges for a distressed look and stamped my signature TP circles all over it in white paint.

I figure I can incorporate it into my canvas projects or ATCs.




No comments:

Post a Comment