Work in Progress

I don't have a new finished piece to show you yet. So sorry.

It has been a real work in progress. I started it the other day, I kind of knew where I was going with it but I had some research and work to do. So it isn't quite done.

But I did get the clear coat on the "Great Undertakings" piece and learned in that process that my doodle pen is not the right one for the job, for it bleeds and smears when reactivated with water-based sealers like Mod Podge. So do not use Pilot Precise v7 for doodling if you plan to coat your work. So with more research I learned it is either Christy Tomlinson's Scarlet Lime Pen or Sharpies new 'pen' which is not felt tip like their other products, but a roller ball as I understand it, that's permanent. So I ordered a 2-pack.

So today's project is partially waiting on those pens.

I can tell you today's project involves organic circles as flowers, and I coated each circles before using it with Mod Podge on both sides to kind of plasticize them so they would stand out in a true 3d manner.

I can't wait to finish it and show you. But we will just have to wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment