finished is relative

Hey everyone!

I finished the two mixed media canvases I've been working on. OK yes, finished is a relative term in mixed media but I think I'm finished.

I'm battling over which one to show you and tell you about first....
 Live joyfully.

I was able to order canvases that were already pretreated with gesso, so that was a step I didn't have to worry about doing.

I used random scraps of blue papers and collaged a sky like area first. Then I did the same in green, but with narrow strips in a vertical way to represent grass. Once that was dry it got white washed.
I stamped with the bubble wrap and acrylic paints for depth and texture.
I had some awesome die cut leaves that I embellished with clock hands some doodling and gelatos. I cut the hearts and stems by hand. I assembled the pieces into flowers. I embellished with sew stampers and buttons and doodling and tiny clock faces.
I textured the whole thing with TP roll stamping, rubons, more paint and gelatos.
I embellished with the butterfly and a faux postage stamp (from washi tape), before adding the words. Then it was time for a coat of Mod Podge.



Dare to be Different.

I was all over the place with this one.
I started with all blues of 1-inch squares, darker closer to the bottom and light toward the top right.
I white washed it.
I hand cut a bunch of fishies and seaweed. I used tiny brads for the fish eyes. I tore strips of chip board to go along the bottom to represent sand, then intermingled the seaweed bases so some look closer than others. I shaded the fish and seaweed with gelatos. I had this little weaved rope thingy and put it in the sand. 
I did a tiny bit of doodling. I used an asterisk shaped brad to stamp tiny star fish.
I cut out tiny hearts to match the fishes, then I cut off the pointy part and made fins for the fish.
I stamped with TP roll and bubble wrap.
I embellished with the bubbles and rubons.
I found some sewing pattern tissue and crinkled little pieces up as part of the sand.
I tore long narrow strips of yellow tissue to play like more seaweeds.
I decided on a saying and choose to spell it out mostly in silver letter stickers, which I doodled around with an aqua sharpie, my doodle pen, gelatos and white paint.

I wasn't sure I'd like this one but now I think I do like it.


Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment